- Dhiraagu Maldives Road Race (DMRR) (“Event”) is organised by Dhiraagu (“Event Organizer”) with the full support of the Maldives Athletic Association and is registered in AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races).
- By signing up for DMRR 2018, the participant agrees that the Event Organizer can post the registration details upon registration and the full race results on the website after the race.
- The Event Organizer reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these rules and regulations of DMRR from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of the provisions, the Event Organizer shall be the authority to interpret and in doing so, the Event Organizer will take into account the interests of all the affected participants. Any updates on the rules and regulations of the event will be notified on the official website www.dmrr.mv and it is the responsibility of the affected participant to keep abreast with any changes.
- Any further information covered under Race Info and registration under this website is considered as part of the General Rules.
About your registration
- Completion of the online registration, confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by all the relevant rules and regulations of Dhiraagu Maldives Road Race.
- Upon registration of the final details, each participant will receive a confirmation email and an SMS (to all Maldives mobile numbers) with the assigned bib number. Participants shall not alter this system generated bib number.
- In consideration of the Participant’s use of DMRR website, the Participant agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in any registration form (such information being the “Registration data”)
The Event Organizer may contact the Participant from time to time by email, SMS or phone. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Event Organizer shall be deemed as received by the Participant. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, or the Event Organizer has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, Event Organizer may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration.
If a participant submits an invalid, obsolete, out-dated identification (copy of passport, ID card, Work permits, Driver’s license etc), it will not be considered during the prize awarding ceremony but the next best timing will be considered as the winner instead.
- No registrations will take place on the day of the event.
- Registrations are scheduled to be closed at 23:59hrs on 16 October 2018 (until further notice) or may be closed at an earlier date if the number of registrations reach the maximum limit of 4,000
- Any registration changes or cancellations will not be accepted after 16 October 2018
- The Event Organizer will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
- The Event Organizer reserves the right to cancel and/or add any race category without prior notice to the participants.
- Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations are confirmed.
Winner Selection, Awarding of Prize and Certificates
- Each participant is entitled to win only one prize.
- From the participants who complete the race in compliance with the Rules, prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers from each category.
- The sole responsibility of knowing and following the course rests with each runner. No adjustments in times or results shall be made for runners who fail to follow the proper course for any reason.
- The Event Organizer is not responsible for lost bibs.
- Awards for the overall winners will be based on bib tag time generated by timing system and not gun time (hence everyone is required to be considerate and not push participants to the sound of the gun).
- The announced winners must report to the judger’s zone with their bib and may need to present a valid identification (such as valid Passport or Identity Card) for verification purposes.
- All participants who successfully complete the 5km within 45 mins and 10km within 90 mins will be awarded a race completion medal at the finish line and an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate of participation can be printed from the website and will be made available on a date soon after the race (Date will be announced). The e-Certificate of Participation is not entitled to Participants who, are unable to complete the race before the cut-off time, are disqualified, do not complete the race or otherwise do not comply with the Rules.
- Any disputes and appeals with regard to winner selection must be made within 2 hours after results are published on dmrr.mv or immediately after the award ceremony to ‘Appeals Tent’ placed at event location, whichever is earlier, failing which the Event Organizer reserves the right not to entertain any disputes or appeals thereafter.
- Any disputes or appeals regarding all other matters concerning the race must be submitted in writing (including electronic mail) within 4 days after the Event. The Event Organizer reserves the right not to entertain any dispute or appeal after 5 November 2018.
- Participants can display advertisements or brands that support a social cause on their race attire.
- When fixing advertisements on the T-shirts, participants must ensure that the bib number is clearly visible.
- Advertisements must not include those representing or promoting any companies who are in competition with the Event Organizer, or any of their products and services.
- The Event Organizer reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the Event at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case the Event Organizer will make an effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the Event has to be cancelled, the Event Organizer shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Event Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to Sponsors anywhere in the world.
- The Event Organizer reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry to the Event and/or other programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Event Organizer and the event sponsors without giving any reason and/or notice.
- To obtain endorsement by DMRR, all NGOs and charitable organisations must seek the approval of the Event Organizer to take part in any fund-raising project or awareness campaigns (on the event theme ‘Protection of Children’), and in using the Event as a platform. Please contact the Event Organizer for further details and refer to information under Get Involved.
- The Event Organizer will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings of participants.
- While every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Event Organizer to ensure the participants’ safety, participants run solely at their own risk and the Event Organizer will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for, during, or after participation in the Event.
- A participant must retire from the race immediately, if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Judges, and/or security officer.
- The Event Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any participant or runner who acts in violation to the Rules